Every once in awhile, I put forms out at the library and ask people to share the titles of their ten most favorite books. I always find new authors and titles this way, and our patrons love looking at what everyone else likes to read. My list tends to change each time. Here’s the first 5 on my current list…
- Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey always makes my list. A spectacularly easy read about the mystery of Richard III and the young princes in the Tower. Did he kill them, or didn’t he?
- River of Darkness by Rennie Airth is one of the best English mysteries I’ve read in years. However, it is currently rivaled by Airth’s follow-up, The Blood Dimmed Tide.
- A Gracious Plenty by Sheri Reynolds is a must-read for anyone who has lost someone they love and wonders about the afterlife.
- All the Harry Potter books make my list. This is far and away the best fantasy series written since Lord of the Rings.
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova is my pick for the must-read of 2005. Spooky and delicious.