There are several variants of this book meme out there and they’re all fun!
- A book that made you cry – Peace Like a River by Leif Enger – the main character suffers from asthma, and boy, could I relate!
- A book that scared you – Ghost Story by Peter Straub – a waterlogged ghost gets me every time; Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien – the scene on the rock where Frodo gets stabbed by one of the Riders always scared the hell out of me.
- A book that made you laugh – Bad Dog which is really just a collection of photos of dressed up dogs; The Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love by Jill Connor Browne was one of the funniest books I ever read. The scene where she finds a possum under her bed is priceless.
- A book that disgusted you – Helter Skelter; and The English Roses by Madonna, just because if she was a regular person, every publisher on the face of the earth would have laughed her out of their offices for this insipid story. Pretentious much?
- A book you loved in elementary school – Flat Stanley, Hailstones & Halibut Bones, Nancy Drew, Trixi Belden, Judy Bolton, The Dana Girls
- A book you loved in middle school – The Hobbit, trashy gothic mysteries
- A book you loved in high school – Roots
- A book you loved in college – Praisesong for the Widow
- A book that challenged your identity or faith – The Deeper Song by Patricia Pfitsch
- A series that you love – Harry Potter, Richard Jury, the Meg Mysteries, the Maggody mysteries
- Your favorite horror book – The Great God Pan by Arthur Machen
- Your favorite science fiction book – None
- Your favorite fantasy book – Harry Potter, the Mists of Avalon, Christopher Chant books
- Your favorite mystery book – Laurie King’s Mary Russell series, Be Buried in the Rain by Barbara Michaels
- Your favorite biography – Candy and Me by Hillary Liftin
- Your favorite coming-of-age book – Rats Saw God by Rob Thomas and Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block
- Your favorite book not on this list – Trojan Gold by Elizabeth Peters
2 thoughts on “Book Meme, or I’ve Been Tagged!”
Vicki Bliss and Jacqueline Kirby are two of my all-time favorite literary characters from Peters. I love the Schmidt character in the Vicki Bliss stories, and I always think of Jacqueline when I find myself carrying an totally overloaded, huge purse.
I LOVED Trojan Gold. Peters only did a few books about that character which is a shame. Vicki Bliss had the job I always dreamed of having.
Comments are closed.