I’ve been writing a recommendations newsletter for the Monroe County Library System website for a few months. Thought some of my readers here would like to see it. While you’re there, check out the other newsletters offered by MCLS.
On the reading front, I’m in the middle of several books right now:
- Under the Table: Saucy Tales from Culinary School by Katherine Darling – feeding my fantasy of going to culinary school. I wouldn’t last a day, but it’s fun readng about it.
- The Lancashire Witches by William Harrison Ainsworth – the story of the Pendle Witches, those creepy, witchy characters in the Last Apprentice series. An old book…
- Why Can’t U Teach Me 2 Read: Three students and a Mayor put our schools to the test by Beth Fertig – The story of three NYC students who sued the NYC School District after they graduated unable to read. In light of what’s happening in Rochester, I thought this would be a good thing to read. A gripping story so far.
- This Time Together by Carol Burnett – Carol. Burnett. Need I say more?
- The Dead Sea Cipher by Elizabeth Peters – for when my mind just can’t take anymore serious stuff. And I find it interesting that, in this book published in 1971, Elizabeth Peters wrote about a similar concept as what is at the core of The DaVinci Code.