Again, no time to write full reviews, so let’s settle for a quick drive-by look at what I’ve been reading:
- Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse – lovely novella set in France; lots of fairy tale overtones, but a really evocative, original story.
- The Distant Hour by Kate Morton – reading it now and savoring every word.
- The Door by Mary Roberts Rinehart (1930)
- Lost Horizon by James Hilton (1933) like getting reacquainted with an old friend!
- The Postman Always Rings Twice by James Cain (1934) One of those books that kind of repulse you but you just have to keep reading…
- The Gracie Allen Murder Case by SS Van Dine (1938) Pure hokum. Loved it.
- The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova – also reading now. Powerful.