As usual, the Uttaros will be hitting the road this weekend for an extended stay at Black Lake. Those of you who know The Lake know what that means for me….a full weekend of nothing to do but read! For those of you not familiar with The Lake, all you need to know is this — reception from 2 TV stations and one of them is in French. So. Here’s what I’m taking with me…
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert — will probably finish this one on the way. So far, this one reminds me of a combination of Under the Tuscan Sun and Uncharted Journey. Not my usual read, but very good so far. Gilbert is in town this week, too, but alas, I will not hear her speak…
- The Mysterious Edge of the Heroic World by E.L. Konigsburg – this little gem was waiting for me when I got back from Denver.
- Runemarks by Joanne Harris – got the ARC today — from all the pre-pub business on the front, this one is gonna be marketed everywhere. By the author of Choclat.
- Lidia’s Italy – my latest fave TV chef. Her Italian food is a lot like Grandma Uttaro’s Italian food, so of course I love her…
- The Odyssey – Scott’s reading this for school and I’ve dipped into it a few times recently. Beautiful prose.
I think these will keep me busy and out of trouble. Hopefully the freaking snakes that were living under the camp the last time we were there have found cushier digs.
2 thoughts on “Delicious Reading”
Ooops. Sorry Liz. There are a few other books I could nominate, though.
Oh, and the Supernatural premiere totally rocked! I mean, what’s better than the 7 Deadly Sins? I loved the whole storyline for Envy.
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that your Middle Grade nomination for the cybils, Theodosia & the Serpents of Chaos, has already been nominated & will be in the science fiction/ fantasy category. So, since it’s one nomination per category per person, and Theodosia is already taken care of, you can still nominate a middle grade book if you want!
Liz B (what do you think of the new season of Supernatural? I really liked the season premiere!)
Comments are closed.