give us a good mystery to dig into, keep the reader guessing, give us a
few good laughs and make us eager for the next book. Warning: Lauren
Carr’s series are addictive, so be ready to read more than just one
book!” – Laura Fabiani, Library of Clean Reads
Join us for this tour from April 20 to May 22, 2020!Book Details:
Book Title: Killer Deadline (A Nikki Bryant Cozy Mystery) by Lauren Carr
Category: Adult Fiction (18 +), 232 pages
Genre: Mystery/Cozy Mystery
Publisher: Acorn Book Services
Release date: April 23, 2020
Content Rating: G. This is a true cozy mystery. No sex. No on-stage violence. No swearing. Just good clean fun!
Folks in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania, claim that where Nikki Bryant goes, trouble is not far behind. Her refusal to back down from a challenge has made Nikki Bryant a top investigative journalist.
When an online friend nudges her to join him in a pact to reconnect with their first loves, Nikki and her boxer dog Elmo leave the bright lights of Las Vegas for the charming town of Pine Grove. There, she must face the biggest challenges in her career and life—the first love she had left behind and her father’s unsolved murder.
But before she has time to unpack her car, Nikki stumbles upon the dead body of local news anchor, Ashleigh Addison, her childhood rival. Could Ashleigh’s death be connected to an explosive news story that she had teased about airing live? Did that explosive story have anything to do with the murder of Nikki’s father?
With the clues in her father’s cold case hot again, Nikki intends to chase down the story of her life until she catches his killer—no matter what it takes.
Fans of cozy but sassy mysteries will thoroughly enjoy this adventurous romp. Nikki Bryant is an appealing, trendy, and bold character in the vein of Kate Carlisle’s Brooklyn Wainwright.
The plot is suspenseful and inventive, blending an old mystery (the death of Nikki’s father) with a new one (the murder of Nikki’s childhood nemesis) in an engaging way that keeps you turning page after page.
Sometimes I find the protagonists of modern cozy mysteries to be extremely annoying, especially when a female character who has been written as smart and articulate suddenly starts making really stupid decisions. That doesn’t happen here. Nikki Bryant promises to become a favorite sleuth. Check this one out!
Meet the Author:Lauren Carr is the international best-selling author of the Mac Faraday, Lovers in Crime, Chris Matheson Cold Case, and Thorny Rose Mysteries—over twenty-five titles across three fast-paced mystery series filled with twists and turns!
Killer Deadline marks Lauren’s first venture into mystery’s purely cozy sub-genre with a female protagonist.
Book reviewers and readers alike rave about how Lauren Carr’s seamlessly crosses genres to include mystery, suspense, crime fiction, police procedurals, romance, and humor.
A popular speaker, Lauren is also the owner of Acorn Book Service, the umbrella under which falls iRead Book Tours. She lives with her husband and two spoiled rotten German Shepherds on a mountain in Harpers Ferry, WV.
- April 20 – Olio by Marilyn – book review / giveaway
- April 20 – Working Mommy Journal – book review / giveaway
- April 20 – Michelle’s Goodreads – book review
- April 21 – Rockin’ Book Reviews – book review / guest post / giveaway
- April 21 – The avid reader – book spotlight / giveaway
- April 22 – Thoughts in Progress – book spotlight / giveaway
- April 22 – Brooke Blogs – book spotlight / giveaway
- April 23 – My Reading Journeys – book review / giveaway
- April 23 – Christa Reads and Writes – book review / giveaway
- April 23 – Sefina Hawke’s Books – book spotlight
- April 23 – Books for Books – book spotlight
- April 24 – Jazzy Book Reviews – book review / giveaway
- April 27 –Cassidy’s Bookshelves – book spotlight / guest post / giveaway
- April 28 – It’s All About the Book – book review / giveaway
- April 28 – Down the Rabbit Hole – book review / author interview / giveaway
- April 29 – Book Corner News and Reviews – book review / giveaway
- April 29 – Laura’s Interests – book review / guest post / giveaway
- April 30 – I’m Into Books – book spotlight / giveaway
- April 30 – Stephanie Jane – book spotlight / giveaway
- May 5 – She Just Loves Books – book review / giveaway
- May 6 – A Madison Mom – book review / giveaway
- May 7 – Locks, Hooks and Books – book review / giveaway
- May 8 – Adventurous Bookworm – book review / giveaway
- May 11 – Literary Flits – book spotlight / giveaway
- May 12 – Bound 4 Escape – book review / giveaway
- May 12 – Leels Loves Books – book review / giveaway
- May 13 – FUONLYKNEW – book review / giveaway
- May 14 – fundinmental – book review / giveaway
- May 15 – Splashes of Joy – book review / author interview / giveaway
- May 15 – Adventurous Jessy – book review / giveaway
- May 18 – Mowgli with a book – book review
- May 19 – Pause for Tales – book review / giveaway
- May 20 – Peaceful Pastime – book review
- May 20 – eBook Addicts – book review
- May 21 – Books and Zebras – book spotlight / giveaway
- May 22 – Sahar’s Blog – book review
Enter the Giveaway: